Apprenticeship Bonus Scheme
Helping Schools Increase Their Workforce Post COVID-19.
Have you heard about the benefits of the
Designed to help schools get back up and running, the ‘Plan for Jobs’ scheme also provides young adults with the opportunity to get into employment during these strange times.
This scheme provides an incentive for each apprentice employed.
Schools have an opportunity to recruit new staff or upskill current staff members through a fully funded* training programme.
What does this scheme involve?
In addition to helping the economy recover, this scheme has been developped to help those affected by unemployment.
Now is the time for any organisation to think about rebuilding their workforce, as well as improving staff skill sets.
Any school that takes on an individual through an apprenticeship course before 31st March 2021 will receive a lump sum of payment from the government. This can be up to £3,000 per apprentice taken on during this time frame.
An apprenticeship programme provides a young person with a fantastic opportunity, working within a school environment whilst also learning on the job as an apprentice. This process supplies two different sources of support, from the training provider and the school, whilst also being 95% funded* by the government or through your levy allocation.
What This Means
- Employ an apprentice before 31st March 2021 at minimal cost to your business.
- Develop and upskill your current workforce; which will successfully impact your organisation.
- Taking on an apprenticeship provides young people with a few years secured experience, gaining knowledge to succeed in the future.
- A Government funded apprenticeship incentive to help your business.
- Receive up to £3000 for taking on a new apprentice aged 16-18 years old.
- £2000 for new apprentices aged 19-24 years old.
- £1500 for each apprentice over 25 years old.
- These payments will be in addition to the existing £1,000 payment for apprentices aged 16-18 years old and those aged under 25 with an Education, Health and Care Plan.