Apprenticeship Bonus Scheme
Designed to help businesses recover post COVID-19.
Plan for Jobs has been designed to help businesses recover post COVID-19.
This scheme provides businesses with an incentive for each apprentice they employ.
Designed to help organisations get back up and running, the ‘Plan for Jobs’ scheme also provides young adults with the opportunity to get their foot through the door and into employment during these unprecedented times.
Have you had to reduce the number of employees through making staff members redundant? The ‘Plan for Jobs’ scheme provides an opportunity to recruit new staff through a fully funded* training programme, allowing businesses to reinitiate a fully functioning workforce!
What does this scheme involve?
While this scheme has been started to try to help the economy recover, it is also in place to help those affected by unemployment.
Many businesses have been affected in different ways due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Now is the time for any organisation to be thinking about rebuilding their business, by re-instigating their workforce, as well as improving staff skill sets.
Any organisation that takes on an individual through an apprenticeship course before 31st March 2021 will receive a lump sum of payment from the government. This can be up to £3,000 per apprentice taken on during this time frame.
Through an apprenticeship programme, a young person is provided with a fantastic opportunity, working for an organisation whilst also learning on the job as an apprentice. This process supplies two different sources of support, from the training provider and the organisation, whilst also being 95% funded* by the government or through your levy allocation.
What This Means
- Employ an apprentice before 31st March 2021 at minimal cost to your business.
- Develop and upskill your current workforce; which will successfully impact your organisation.
- Taking on an apprenticeship provides young people with a few years secured experience, gaining knowledge to succeed in the future.
- A Government funded apprenticeship incentive to help your business.
- Receive up to £3000 to take on a new apprentice aged 16-18 years old.
- £2000 for new apprentices aged 19-24 years old.
- £1500 for each apprentice over 25 years old.
- These payments will be in addition to the existing £1,000 payment for apprentices aged 16-18 years old and those aged under 25 with an Education, Health and Care Plan.