Pondering your future? Wonder what life has in store for you? Can’t bear the idea of more learning and more classrooms?
If you have found yourself thinking about the apprenticeship route as an option you will no doubt also be wondering where to start. We’ve broken it all down for you!
Find the right course for you
- Research the available courses online. There is such a wide range of qualifications that grows larger by the day so you are bound to find something that suits you.
- If you are a school-leaver, approaching your school careers advisor before you leave education could also be helpful as they can advise you on the best route to take and of any organisations that they are aware of which could help you find an apprenticeship.
- Apprenticeships are also available to those already in employment so, in this scenario, you could inform your employer that you are interested in further education which would hopefully lead them to explore any training opportunities they may have available.
Identify your local vacancies
- Regularly check the gov.uk website which allows you to locate vacancies in your area and tailor your search to the industry that interests you. When it comes to applying for any job, resilience is key! It’s important to persevere and apply to all of the positions that take your fancy as the process can be highly competitive and achieving your ideal results instantly is a rare occurrence.
Tailor your CV
- Once you know the industry that you are interested in and can see the role’s requirements, we advise you to tailor your skills, interests and hobbies stated on your cv so that they are relevant to the role you are applying for.
Prepare thoroughly for the interview
- Finally, when you secure an interview, the last thing you want to do is throw away your opportunity by showing up unprepared. Ideally, a candidate would:
- Prepare a couple of questions that they want to ask about the role
- Have practised answering interview questions in order to appear confident and knowledgeable
- Know a good amount of information about the industry and company that they are applying to work in.